The company is looking for a skilled C++ Engineer to join its team of experienced technical and management personnel. This is an exciting opportunity to join a young technology company developing a new range of video analysis solutions built atop a modern C++ and gstreamer back-end, with a modern HTML5 web interface on the front-end. We are passionate about developing high quality software, robust algorithmic solutions and operate an agile SCRUM methodology with code reviews, continuous integration and distributed version control.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be a talented problem solving individual with up to two years C++ commercial software development experience. The ideal candidate will show a demonstrable personal interest in this subject area and willing to get involved in every aspect of the product development and technology stack. The candidate will have evidence of completed real projects to support their application and those who have worked on open source projects and/or have an impressive github profile will stand in good stead.
The role involves the development of software for the automatic detection, tracking and classification of objects within real-time video streams. The target platforms are PC (x86 Windows/Linux, ARM), custom embedded hardware and GPU-based platforms. You will have some experience developing commercial applications within these platforms.
You will be proficient in C++, and able to learn new development languages and skills quickly and easily. You will be competent at writing, reading and speaking English and be legally allowed to undertake employment in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who relishes a challenge and wants to be a part of an exciting company to play a key role in shaping our new products for a high growth market area.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, contributory company pension scheme and 25 days paid holiday.
- Up to 2 years modern C++ (11/14) commercial development experience on PC-based platforms;
- Working understanding of python in commercial applications;
- Hunger for learning new technologies and a natural ability to solve problems;
- Experienced in Git based version control.
- Experience with multi-threaded asynchronous real-time systems, e.g. video or audio streaming;
- Experience with modern front-end development (HTML5/JS/CSS) framework;
- Evidence of contribution to open source projects.