Wyzoo is a decision enablement and decision management technology company focused on helping clients improve their marketing results. We deploy human intelligence, assisted by machine learning, to make the complex marketing and technology world easy, transparent, and ultimately more profitable.
What we do:
- Professional services / BI
- We identify and map marketing decisions
- Generate marketing intelligence
- Predictive modeling
- Customer segmentation / audience selection
Working with us is working with a team who understands marketing challenges and enjoys helping clients with the heavy lifting. We approach our work seriously, but like to laugh along the way.
Now we’re looking for a Data Scientist (Mid-Level to Senior) with 2+ years of experience in data analytics to join our office in Odessa, Ukraine.
Our ideal candidate has:
- MS Degree (PhD preferable) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
- Knowledge of deep learning, machine learning, AI, big data analysis techniques and ability to apply them at a client solution level
- Experience with data science workbenches (Databricks, RapidMiner, TIBCO, Cloudera/Hortonworks)
- Demonstrated exp in Python or R, with min of 2 years’ exp using these tools for real-world data analysis and predictive modeling
- Production-level software engineering exp is a plus
- Fluency in SQL
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with ETL process, SQL and NoSQL databases, and knowledge of a service-oriented architecture a plus.
Other skills we appreciate:
- Ability to operate in an atmosphere of cooperation between team members where each member contributes to a common development environment
- Data acquisition – May involve scraping data, interfacing with APIs, querying relational and non-relational databases, or even defining the strategy in relation to what data to pursue
- Data cleaning/transformation – Parsing and aggregating messy, incomplete, and unstructured data sources to produce data sets that can be used in analytics / predictive modeling
- Strong experience in user testing and project management
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Develops code in support of machine learning solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility to ensure client delivery and support of U.S. client base
- General understanding of direct marketing (direct mail), preferred
Effective verbal & written communication, in English – advanced / upper-intermediate