Preply is a fast growing IT product company at an early stage of development, backed by Europe’s most prominent investors. 100 people are currently working on building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with locations in Kyiv and Berlin.
We have more than 15 nationalities on board, that work in small cross-functional teams to continuously improve and scale user experience. We offer remote working days and the possibility to use our platform for self development. We challenge each other to learn more and faster, while promoting creative power and free will. Personal growth, a friendly and hierarchy-free atmosphere are guaranteed!
Currently we’re looking for someone who has a proven experience of manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field. Now we are looking for Now we are looking for Data Scientist to join our team.
Mission: Drive Data researchers to crystal ice insights, feature impacts and financial results within cross-functional product team. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Your expected outcomes:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with a cross-functional team to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze the performance of launched A/B tests (Ability to develop a company A/B testing framework is a huge plus).
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
Your competency profile:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods such as XL, Survival/Cohort analysis, RFM, LTV (DAX is a big plus).
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a worldwide educational product and build the global brand in online tutoring space.
- Personal and professional growth driven by a strong team, supportive world-class investors (including the Booking.com co-founder), and interesting challenges to build the global leader.
- Friendly, open, dynamic and international working environment.
- Company, where your opinion will be highly valued and appreciated.
- Enthusiastic team with no bureaucracy and corporate stuff.
- Flexible working conditions to support your personal needs.
- Strong financial package to live a great life and keep saving.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global education? Want to shape how millions of people learn, teach, connect, and share knowledge worldwide? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join Preply – a company you can be proud to be a part of