The Product Engine Company has existed since 2001, stable, focuses on long-term projects, flexible schedule, career opportunities, the possibility of learning new technologies. The Product Engine is a medium size company which
cares separately about each working individual.
Our team contribute to Comcast’s Smart Network Platform (SNP) – a Java based system for automated network infrastructure management.
- Develop high quality testable and maintainable services including machine learning, big data and highly available components
- Communicate with teammates in a distributed team
- Develop features all the way from a concept up to the deployment
- Design, discuss with teammates and implement new functionality (we don’t support legacy systems, only development of new applications)
- Perform code reviews and knowledge sharing
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+
- Knowledge of Spring framework, Spring boot, Spring data
- Experience with Maven or Gradle build tool (Gradle is preferable)
- Knowledge of common coding best practices and design patterns
- Experience in development of service oriented applications: REST (or SOAP)
- Understanding principles of scalability
- Technical expertise and troubleshooting
- Understanding concepts of multi-threading, caching, memory management
- Experience in working with Linux: being a Linux user, basic Linux concepts, permissions, basic SHELL skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and with Agile Software
- Development Life Cycle
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Cassandra, MongoDB, Graph databases
- Experience with AWS services, especially: SNS/SQS, EC2, S3, Lambda
- Performance improving skills: Ability to identify and resolve bottlenecks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack and routing protocols
- Understanding of network devices (switches and routers)
- Experience with Jenkins and Puppet
- Work in well-organized professional team;
- Interesting and challenging tasks, opportunities for self-realization and career growths;
- English language courses at work;
- Business trips;
- Corporate events;
- Comfortable working conditions, office in the center of the city.