Sailo is an online boat rental marketplace that connects people who want to rent boats to boat owners and charter companies. Our seamless platform uses technology to disrupt the archaic boating industry with the aim of making boating more accessible, affordable and enjoyable.
We launched in Florida in Nov ’14 and have since signed up over 25000 boats and have been featured in Fortune Magazine, FOXNews, Entrepreneur.com, Maxim and TechCrunch, to name a few. We were part of Techstars New York Fall 2015 class and we currently have offices in New York, Miami, and Bucharest.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join the technical team to help scale the Sailo platform. Our mission is to create the largest online marketplace for boat rentals by bringing innovation and new technology to a multi billion dollar world market.
As a senior member of the development team you will work on improving the Sailo platform by architecting, building and deploying innovative products and services. You will work alongside product and technical teams to implement solutions that increase the scalability of the Sailo platform, improve customer experience, and increase our innovation lead in the space. The role includes hands-on coding and system architecture design. Creativity and innovative ideas are always a plus as we encourage all our team members to contribute to shaping the direction of the product and the company.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build new services and functionality, manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with system engineers to increase the scale of our production systems;
- Define technical requirements and solutions and drive projects through to completion;
- Work with product, tech, and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables;
- Work within a geographically distributed team of developers in both the US and Europe;
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, software development lifecycle best practices, and new technologies;
- Growth: mentor junior engineers, and teach industry-wide best practices;
- Actively participate in all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- 3-4+ years experience building and maintaining production websites;
- 3-4+ years working with Python;
- Data structures, design patterns, and algorithms;
- Participation in the development of large projects;
- Relational Databases;
- Django, REST Framework hands on experience;
- Experience with git;
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and working without lots of oversight;
- Experience maintaining and improving existing software, including testing and refactoring;
- Computer Science or related technical field university degree;
- English – Intermediate +
NICE TO HAVE:
- JS, CSS, jQuery, React experience;
- History of successful projects working with AWS or Heroku;
- History of work on enterprise quality projects.
- Excellent compensation;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Events + team activities;
- Exciting growth opportunity as Sailo expands its product line and enters new markets.