Steps, is a data-driven, B2C platform for communities to create customized maps and share information about places they love. Being a fast-growing, well-funded startup, Steps is aimed at changing the way people create and consume location-based information.
We are looking for a Senior Android developer, who is a fast learner, highly organized and detail oriented person with the ability to work on multiple deadlines in a fast-paced atmosphere. It is keen for our developers to be team players with strong communication skills and passion for a “Can-Do” mentality and mindset.
- 5+ years of professional experience building Android applications;
- Broad expertise with Java and Kotlin languages;
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android and how to deal with different screen sizes;
- Familiarity with Google Maps SDK or Mapbox SDK;
- Competency in common Android frameworks such as Dagger 2, Retrofit and Firebase, etc;
- To know how to work with animations and micro-interactions’ implementation;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services;
- Experience with caching mechanisms and Git;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Take conceptual product and design ideas and turn them into valuable and delightful experiences for our users;
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application;
- Collaborate with a team to define, design and ship new features;
- Work closely with Product Managers and Product Designers to implement best-in-class user experiences;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
• Team of dedicated professionals, committed to creating an influential platform;
• Complicated and sophisticated features backlog along with opportunities to build new features from scratch;
• Well-organized, smooth sprints, guided by a competent team leader.