Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. In 2019, we launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, The Pod. We currently power the sleep of over 60,000 people every night. Eight Sleep has partnered with Barry’s as their Official Sleep Fitness Partner. We actively collaborate with Justin Medeiros, 2021 Crossfit Champion and Red Gerard, U.S. Snowboarding Olympic Gold-Medalist. GQ awarded Eight Sleep the Fitness Reward in 2021, along with receiving the Men’s Health Sleep Award that same year. Eight Sleep is backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and recognized as one of the Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies In Consumer Electronics.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us expand our product features and our capability to scale. We have distributed back-end systems responsible for critical business logic as well as bridging communications / data flows between our embedded, machine learning, mobile, and business intelligence systems.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about designing, implementing, and supporting expanding distributed systems and appreciating the impact they have on all aspects of the member experience. We look for people who dig under the hood and understand what the technology is doing, so we can make wise decisions about how our technology should evolve.
How you’ll contribute:
- Maintain and improve the integrity of our data processing pipeline (5Tb per day);
- Develop tools to guarantee the availability of our services (~30 microservices) and automate their operation;
- Contribute to the development of back-end services and product features.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience;
- 5+ years of backend engineering experience working on services hosted on AWS with Linux;
- Language polyglot, advanced experience with 4+ years of professional experience in (C# or Java) & (Python or Node.JS);
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Familiarity with AWS Kinesis and DynamoDB;
- 2+ years maintaining services in production (SRE);
- 2+ years of recent experience in a small engineering team (e.g., at a startup).
Why you’ll love Eight:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep;
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development;
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod;
- Flexible, generous PTO;
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance;
- Unlimited vacation;
- Unlimited sick leave.
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.