The Software Development Team Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise-grade software systems developed in-house. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
- Guide the team development efforts towards successful project delivery;
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship;
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits (and follow current best practices);
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team;
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web based business applications built;
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans;
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software;
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards using current team streams;
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code;
- Package and support deployment of releases;
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications;
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems;
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties;;
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide third-level support to business users;
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Developer;
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position (preferred);
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Proficient with Nodejs, Docker and containers, React or AngularJs, and SQL;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with developing web applications with service-oriented framework, Microservices, and Rest APIs;
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise-grade software;
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments;
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum;
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency;
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling, and optimization;
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories;
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders;
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.