The Technical Writer for Edifecs will be a part of a multinational team of writers and will work under the supervision of a technical writer lead/manager. They will have the opportunity to develop content in a variety of media, including online help, web-based e-learning, and manuals designed to help customers implement Edifecs solutions to ensure the operational integrity of their business data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with product managers, developers, technical support, and QA personnel to ensure that each documentation project meets the requirements of the software release as a whole. Tasks include:
- Review source materials, system requirement specifications, marketing requirement documents, release requirement documents, functional and design specifications, and software to learn about features of the software;
- Develop online Help, training materials, video tutorials, and other collateral as required for a client-server analytic product based on MS SQL Server/Oracle and an SDK;
- Provide UI texts and labels to improve product usability;
- Develop documentation for a private cloud orchestration system;
- Identify new features, fix bugs and known issues to ensure that the documentation accurately reflects the state of the software as shipped.
- 3+ year experience in technical writing;
- Excellent knowledge of English (advanced or proficiency);
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Concise writing abilities;
- Experience using any authoring tool (MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, etc.);
- Experience developing web-based training materials;
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, and CSS;
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technically complex information;
- Strong will in mastering technical writer’s profession;
- Education/Certification Requirements: Master or Specialist degree in computer science or any other related field.
Organizational & Communication Skills:
- Ability to handle multi-tasking and workflow disruptions, working as a team member as well as independently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability and flexibility to work with a variety of personalities and nationalities;
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- monthly payment in USD or EURO;
- annual review of the compensation level;
- annual paid leave: 22 working days (~ 1 calendar month);
- national calendar based holidays: all weekends and days off marked in the national calendar;
- payment of sick leave: 10 days a year or more in case of COVID-19;
- comfortable conditions: flexible schedule;
- English: online learning in groups with a teacher;
- access to the LinkedIn Learning educational platform;
- equal opportunities for all.